Wednesday 8 October 2014

Home is Where the Heart is

Home is Where the Heart is

Today I'm attempting to do some simple home decor using Tonic Affection Dies. I adore anything heart shaped, so these are my favourite set of dies and I've used them before individually on my cards, but never as a full set on one project. I've been meaning to do it for a while but never had time to do it. It was quite time consuming to die cut all the layers. I used Centura Pearl Snow White with Hint of Gold, plain black card stock (if I had to do it again, I would have chosen some silver mirror card instead to soften the look) and some "bling" hearts, as well as sentiment stamp from Crafter's Companion.
The hearts are layered on foam pads, to give 3-dimensional effect. All three hearts are then glued onto wide ribbon and are now proudly hanging in my corridor, welcoming us back home after a busy day. I'm not sure about all 3 of them being together, as the design is quite "busy" so I may split them to be displayed individually in the future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment